6 Things to Consider When Purchasing Winter Alloy Wheels
There is a common misconception that alloy wheels are not suitable for winter. In fact, winter alloy wheels are now more popular than steel rims for winter driving in Canada. And why is that?
Well, at RWC, we put our alloy wheels through corrosion and salt spray tests to ensure we produce high-quality wheels for our customers. As a result, our winter alloy wheels are resistant to the harshest winter conditions.
Now that you know you can use alloy wheels in the winter, what are the things to consider before buying your new set of wheels? Price, design, and fit are certainly the first things that come to mind when choosing alloy wheels. However, there are other key elements that you should consider when choosing your new wheel rims. We have listed the 6 most important below.
1. Alloy Wheel Price
- It’s true that steel wheels were much cheaper in the past. However, alloy wheels have become much more affordable and popular in winter due to the relatively small price difference.
- Having an extra set of wheels can easily save you $150 to $300 on seasonal tire changes. RWC premium alloy winter wheels will save you time and reduce wear and tear during installation, thanks to their convenient bolt-on design.
- Alloy wheels will enhance the look and value of your vehicle. They are offered in a variety of designs and sizes suitable for many car brands, from the economical to the most luxurious ones. You can view our winter alloy wheel collection here.
- Alloy mag wheels are also offered in many finishes to help you customize the look of your car even more You can find the perfect winter wheels by choosing from a number of sleek finishes: Gloss, Matt Black, Dark Anthracite, and Classic Silver.
- Finally, if you are a car enthusiast, mag wheels represent an easy and economic way to give a sporty look to your car, even in the winter.
3. Alloy Wheel Maintenance
- You need to know that alloy wheels require basic maintenance to preserve their finish. Never use aggressive chemicals, abrasive cleaners, or any harsh products when cleaning them.
- Rims need to be cleaned prior to storing them in a dry area.
- Store your winter wheels securely to avoid weather-related damage.
4. Alloy Wheel Fit
- RWC winter alloy wheels are manufactured as a custom fit product meaning that they will match your original wheels exactly. So, no need for extra accessories, simply use your original hardware.
- For car enthusiasts, you’ll be happy to know that all RWC winter alloy wheels are run-flat certified.
5. Tire Pressure Sensor
- If your car is equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor, make sure that your winter alloy wheels are compatible with such a sensor. RWC winter alloy wheels are compatible with all OE TPMS sensors on the market.
6. Vehicle Handling and Durability
- Due to our casting process, RWC alloy wheels are optimally balanced, which eliminates vibrations in the steering wheel.
High-Quality Winter Alloy Wheels from RWC WheelsRWC Wheels offers winter alloy wheels suitable for many well-known car brands such as Audi, Acura, BMW, Subaru, Lexus, Volkswagen, and many other popular makes and models. Browse through our winter alloy wheel collection and find the perfect mag wheels for your car.
For more information about our winter wheels and where you can buy them, feel free to contact us.